Book Now or Enter Dates for Pricing
Enter Your Travel Dates (Check-In/Check-Out Dates) and get Instant Pricing Details
Welcome to Roaring Fork Lodge.
Be sure to check out the feature article about our cabin in the June/July issue of Log and Timber Home Living Magazine!
Roaring Fork Lodge is an impressive 6,312 square foot, northern white cedar custom built log home. There are 4 floor levels, which will easily sleep up to 20 people. The lodge is located in downtown Gatlinburg and is convenient to all of the local attractions. It is situated at the end of a quiet road, you will have privacy when here. If you are seeking an ultimate luxury cabin for your trip to the Smokies, Roaring Fork fits the description.
Our cabin is rented directly by us, the owners. You will correspond with one of us if you call or message. We do not rent our cabins through a management company. Please note that our last review for this property was on Oct of 2016 before a massive wildfire destroyed the original lodge. We have many other recent reviews on our 5 other cabins if you need to see more recent ones.
We initially purchased Roaring Fork Lodge as our first vacation home in the Spring of 2014. After a few successful years of renting, it was completely destroyed in the Gatlinburg wildfires on Nov 29th, 2016. After a big cleanup and a lot of red tape, we began rebuilding in 2018. Construction lasted approximately 3 years and look much longer than we had hoped. We have rebuilt using the same floor plan and concept as before, but have modified portions and Roaring Fork has become bigger, more luxurious, and has more modern amenities.
The lodge is named “Roaring Fork Lodge” because it sits on a mountain about 200 feet above a rushing mountain stream named Roaring Fork. This stream is one of the larger and faster flowing mountain streams in the national park. You can hear the “roar” of the river below, especially after a nice rain shower. Sitting on the decks, watching for wildlife, and listening to the river below is a great way to unwind after a day of fun.
Construction of the lodge includes many high end materials such as northern white cedar logs from Canada, solid granite counter-tops, hand scraped hickory hardwood floors, knotty alder windows, ceramic tiled showers and floors, custom made cabinetry, and 5,000+ square feet of outdoor deck/patio space (much of which is covered). Our outdoor area is hardscape with beautiful natural stones and shrubs surrounding the upper and lower yard areas. You will be surrounded on 2 sides by a wooded area which gives you plenty of privacy. The rear of the cabin opens to a mountain view with the river rushing through the trees below you. The cabin sits near the border of the national park. The mountains seen in the photos are within the borders of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The westerly view from the side and rear decks are mountain views, along with views of the downtown Gatlinburg area below. At night the lights of downtown Gatlinburg are visible on the side deck. There is a good view of them from the loft master suite as well. If you want to experience Gatlinburg’s sight and sounds, but still want the peace and quiet, Roaring Fork Lodge is a great place to accomplish both.
There is ample parking in the two levels of driveway available. The upper driveway gives access to the main level where the kitchen is located, and the bottom level accesses the Billiard room level.
If you want some time outdoors and want a little bit of a rustic feel, you can take the flagstone walkway from the main entrance or off the side deck, to our natural stone fire pit. It is tucked away at the edge of the property, where it’s given a private space. There is plenty of seating on the large boulders surrounding it. There are also posts to hang one hammock, which is a great place to take a late afternoon nap. You can start your hotdog roast early and enjoy the Mountain view before the sun goes down. As the night creeps in, and the evening passes, enjoy making s’mores and memories by firelight.
There is also a small grassy area outside of the basement level, for corn hole or you could lay down a blanket and have a picnic.
(Special note: We do not provide the hammock, but feel free to bring yours along!)
You will be a close walking distance from the downtown Gatlinburg strip. There is a trolley station a 10 minute “downhill” walk away. The walk back to the lodge is uphill, so keep this in mind if you choose to walk. If you wish to drive, the downtown Gatlinburg strip is 1/2 mile away and located close to many public parking garages. On New Years Eve and the 4th of July our cabin in a nice spot to view the fireworks launched from downtown. Simply sit on the back deck and relax without fighting the crowds.
Do not be surprised to see the occasional black bear or other wildlife on or near the property. Since we border the national park bears and other wildlife cross through our yard frequently. It is a very common occurrence to see bear in the warmer months. Please be conscience of your belongings and waste for this reason, nothing that may attract a bear should be left outside or in your vehicles.
- Grand in size at approximately 6,300 sf with 4 floors
- Sleeps up to 20 people
- All linens, towels, and starter supply of toiletries provided, including travel size handmade goat’s milk soaps
- Spectacular large open floor plan on the main level with kitchen, dining and living areas.
- The kitchen has a natural gas range, microwave, and electric oven
- A beautiful 10 foot long solid walnut slab dining table that seats up to 12 people
- Kitchen bar area adjacent to dining table seats an additional 5 people
- Outdoor dining table (Outside dining room doors) seats 8 more people on the covered deck
- Over 5,000 sf of mostly covered outdoor deck and patio space
- Great views of the Smoky Mountains, downtown Gatlinburg, and nature
- One (1) mile away From the Gatlinburg main entrance to the national park
- Located in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg
- Walking distance to the downtown Gatlinburg area, Anakeesta, Aquarium, and Trolley Stop
- Views of Anakeesta, Space Needle, and the lights of the downtown strip
- Parking for numerous vehicles
- All bedrooms have doors with full deck access, except for 4th floor master bedroom
- Leather couches and recliners throughout the home
- Outdoor hammock posts (Bring Your Hammock)
- Fire pit with abundant seating
- Charcoal grill
- Hot tub located on top deck
- 2 gas log fireplaces (Breathtaking 50 inch full view gas fireplace upstairs and 36 inch gas fireplace downstairs)
- Endless hot water system so you never run out
- Full in cabin movie theater (Leather electric reclining seating | 120 Inch Screen | surround sound)
- Arcade game machine
- Pool table
- Air hockey table (On Backorder estimated delivery date early October)
- Shuffleboard table
- Skee Ball game
- Foosball table (On Backorder estimated delivery date early October)
- Cornhole Boards
- Boss Toss game
- Two (2) 75 inch televisions
- One (1) 65 inch television
- Three (3) 50 inch televisions
- High speed internet and Wi-Fi via Spectrum
- Hulu Plus with Live TV channels available on all TVs
- Google Home devices installed to assist you “Hey Google”!
- Whole home security system
- Close proximity to all area attractions in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
- 2 Minute drive to stoplight 3 in Gatlinburg
- We will provide you with hundreds of dollars in discount coupons to area attractions before your arrival!
- Local maintenance and cleaning company who can handle emergencies if they arise.
- Largest grocery store in Gatlinburg (Food City) 3 minute drive away
- Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts Community 5 minutes away
- Dollywood 15-20 minute drive away
- Dining is always close by
- Pizza Delivery, DoorDash, and other Food Delivery options at our address if you choose to stay in!
Floor Level Descriptions:
Loft – 4th Level Floor
- One (1) King Master Bedroom with private bathroom and walk in shower (Sleeps 2)
- Full Futon Sofa in Bedroom Above (Sleeps 1 or 2)
- Loft area has another half bathroom available.
- Peaceful sitting area with couch, tables, bent bag, board games and books for all ages.
Main – 3rd Level Floor
- One (1) King Master Bedroom with private bathroom and walk in shower and bubble jet tub (Sleeps 2)
- Sectional Sofa with Queen Sleeper Bed (Sleeps 2)
- Full Kitchen
- Full Dining
- Half Bathroom
- Living Room with 75 Inch TV
- 50 Inch Fireplace
- Full deck access from all rooms, including the bedroom
Second – 2nd Level Floor
- Two (2) Queen Bedrooms, both with access to lower decks (Sleeps 4)
- 2 Fold Out Full Size 8 inch thick memory foam sleeper mattresses. Comfortable! (Sleeps 2 to 4 depending on person’s size)
- One (1) Bunk Bedroom with Twin Bunk on Top and Queen Bunk Underneath (Sleeps 3)
- Full Bathroom with Tub/Shower
- Half Bathroom
- Living Room with 65 Inch TV
- Pool Table
- 36 Inch Fireplace
- Full Size Laundry Room
- Deck Access From All Rooms
- Leather Couches and Chairs
Bottom – 1st Level Floor
- Game Room
- Movie Theater (Reclining Leather Seating w/120 Inch Screen and Surround Sound)
- 75 Inch Roku TV
- Bunk Bed Bedroom with Two (2) Twin Over Twin Bunkbeds (Sleeps 4)
- Full Futon Sofa (Sleeps 1 or 2)
- Corner Bar (Seats 3 People)
- Corner Pub Table (Seats 4)
- 9′ Shuffleboard Game
- Air Hockey Game (On Backorder, Expected Delivery Late Fall 2021)
- Skee Ball Game
- Classic Games Arcade Game Multicade System
- Foosball game (On Backorder, Expected Delivery Late Fall 2021)
- Board Games
- Checker Table
- Boss Toss Game
- Cornhole Boards for use in lower yard
- Outside of Lower Level is a Small Yard for Playing Cornhole or Relaxing
Special note on requests to bring your pet: We DO NOT allows pets at this property. No exceptions! All of our other properties do allow dogs, so if you want to bring you dog look here at our other cabins.
Great host. Place was very neat and well-maintained. Thank you Chris and Family.
– Stayed Aug 2023
We had a large group varying from age 6 months to 60 years and there was plenty of space for all of us. We were all impressed with the property. Chris kept us well-informed in the days leading up to our stay and was quick to respond to any questions. We would definitely stay at Roaring Forks again.
– Stayed Aug 2023
Wonderful place for people of all ages
We had a wonderful time while staying here! We had an age range of 4-56 and everyone was in awe of the place. It was gorgeous and very spacious, I never felt like one place was too crowded.
The only complaint we had was the cleanliness. The floors were not swept great and there were quite a few spider webs inside the cabin that weren’t exactly small. We also found clothing that belonged to someone else in one of the drawers. I think this definitely reflects more on who they hd cleaning the cabin and not to much on the owners.
The owners were wonderful to deal with and responded to any question I had very fast. There was even an incident with one of the AC units and they made attempts to handle that as fast as possible.
We would definitely stay here again!
– Stayed Jul 2023
Response from Luxury Cabins In Gatlinburg
Thanks for the review and I am glad you enjoyed the property. Sometimes those cobwebs pop up fast in a natural log home like this, but I did remind our cleaners of this and to watch for them. Thanks for coming!